World Lore: Elevators
- The elevators are the creation of the Gnomes.
- There are currently four elevators in existence, one for each quadrant in the Crossroads of the Mountains.
- Although there are rumors of Gnomes having ancient tunnelways throughout the rock that encompasses the central walls, no one is inclined to check for themselves because of the hundreds of deaths associated with trying to get around the walls.
- There are yet more rumors of elevators being constructed that do not depend as greatly upon the support given by the corners of the Crossroads. No one has been able to find any proof of these under construction elevators and the Gnome engineers are quick to deny any thought of this being in the works.
- The contraptions, cogs, and gears which allow the gnomish technology to work is also what makes them impossible for other peoples to understand. There are several engineers which have tried to squirm their ways into the folds of the gnomish realm to learn their secrets or steal them, but no circulated tales of anyone ever being accepted within their ranks exist.