The Lost Folk
- In this walled world the Dwarves have become known by most as the lost folk. Nowadays the term is not as relevant as it was a few hundred years ago, but it has for some reason kept its bearing.
- Dwarves are now forced to live above ground, although they still feel slightly uncomfortable at all times because of it. Most of their kind has been wiped out by mistakes or attempts at digging under the walls.
- Soon after the walls came into being almost all of the Dwarves were killed by their attempts at digging under the outer wall. They prefer long lavish tunnel systems, the kind which cannot be in only one of the quadrants. However, every time a Dwarf were to reach the wall, there would be horrifying accidents that would cause sometimes hundreds of deaths at once.
- A few hundred years later, after the elevators were constructed, It was thought for a time that in order to escape dealings with gnomes that one might be able to tunnel under the mountains(but those are just rocks over more walls.) The end result was the same.
- This has caused many Dwarves to become discontented with their underground lives and they are now seeking new possibilities for survival.